POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass of water : Re: Glass of water Server Time
16 Aug 2024 00:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass of water
From: Michael Goldshteyn
Date: 9 May 2002 14:34:21
Message: <3cdac12d@news.povray.org>
OK, I'll bite. I view tracing as just one step in a multi-step workflow.
Also, any trace produces a file that can, at the very least be enhanced
with:

unsharp mask
color correction (most traces have color casts)
contrast expansion (auto leveling)

Now the above items are independant of the actual scene. Some scene
dependant things are changes in color or sharpness of objects, exclusively,
and outside the ability of a general traycer, such as what I did to the
image.

Of course, rt purists will disagree with the above, but as with anything
artistic, it's all a matter of taste. I want the best finished product I can
get. If that involves post-processing the image, so be it.

Mike